- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Kate's Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Kate's Unsalted Butter melted, cooled, and add more for cooking
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest optional
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl, sift together both flours, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Slowly stream in the melted butter, and add the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in a few batches, stirring with a wooden spoon and being careful not to overmix (the batter should be lumpy).
- Grease a large skillet with extra butter and heat over medium heat.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter into the skillet and sprinkle with berries. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until tiny bubbles appear on the top and the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook remaining side for another 2-3 minutes.
2 Large Pancakes
Amount per 2 Pancakes