- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup Kate's Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream increase the amount of ice cream if you'd like a thicker shake
- Roast the berries: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Roast the berries, stirring halfway through, until they’re soft and juicy, about 25-30 minutes.
- Scoop the roasted strawberries and juices onto a large plate to cool.
- Prepare the milkshakes: Combine roasted strawberries (should yield about 1 1/4 cups) and all additional ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. If you like a thicker shake, this is a good time to add an additional scoop of ice cream.
- Serve in your favorite glasses. Enjoy immediately.
Amount per shake