- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt If using Kate’s Salted Butter, only add 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup Kate’s Unsalted Butter If using Kate’s Salted Butter, only add 1/4 tsp of salt
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup Kate's Buttermilk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup 60% cocoa bittersweet chocolate chips
- your favorite caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Set it aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 stick of Kate’s Unsalted Butter. You may also melt it on the stove and then transfer it to the bowl.
- While the butter is still warm, add in 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of Kate's Buttermilk.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture, stirring until no streaks of flour remain.
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Drop the dough with a heaping tablespoon onto the baking sheet, leaving a few inches in between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are set around the edges. Bake time will vary if the dough is not chilled before baking.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with your favorite caramel sauce
- Serve and enjoy!