- 2 cups cooked buttercup squash, pureed, room temp *Pumpkin, acorn, or butternut squash can be used as substitutes. Having your ingredients at room temp will help prevent the filling from cracking when the pie is cooling.
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1½ cups Kate's Buttermilk, room temp
- 2 tbsp Kate's Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 9-inch single, unbaked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Puree the squash in a food processor or blender. This step assures that the filling will be smooth.
- Using a wire whisk, blend the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Pour into your unbaked pie shell.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack in a preheated oven at 425° F for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F and bake until internal temps reach 170–175°F. About 45 min.
- The pie will seem liquidy, but if you cook it until it looks solid, it will be over-baked. Cool the pie on a wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.