- ½ cup Kate's Buttermilk
- ½ cup Kate's Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup white Sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup* Do not skip the corn syrup in this recipe. It helps give it a perfect syrup texture and stability.
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Combine the buttermilk, butter, sugars, corn syrup, and cinnamon in a 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes to dissolve the sugar, stirring frequently.
- Add the vanilla and baking soda and stir until combined. Be careful as the mixture will bubble and foam up when the baking soda is added.
- Remove from the heat and continue to stir until the bubbles slowly reside.
- Let cool for a few minutes then serve, or store in your refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Reheat in the microwave for up to 1 minute or stove top method on a gentle low heat.
*Note: Make sure you use a 3-quart or larger saucepan. As soon as you add baking soda and vanilla, the syrup will foam and bubble up, and you do not want it to overflow!