- 1 stick Kate's Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup raw almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ tbsp flax seed
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until the butter foams, then browns (but do not let it burn), about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the butter from the heat and transfer it to a bowl. Whisk in the brown sugar, maple syrup, orange zest, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans until they are almost a powder (but with a few larger pieces remaining).
- In a large bowl, combine the pecans, oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and salt.
- Drizzle the reserved butter mixture over the oat mixture and toss to combine.
- Spread the granola out onto the prepared baking sheet and bake, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, about 40-50 minutes (the mixture will still look wet, but it will dry as it cools).
- Allow the granola to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Mix in the chopped dates.
- Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature. This recipe yields about 5 cups of granola. Enjoy!